9/10/2010

thinking of the great Grouper in the afternoon :p, Ouzeri Danforth Aug 28 2010



Actually neither do I need to remind the friendly face of cow nor the proud & colorful shape of a roaster
as I order T-bone steak or chicken wings to ease my hunger.
But rarely sometimes.. I am thinking of the creature I like to eat.. What are the groupers going to yell at people like me if they could see the people who appreciate the taste of their fresh so much.. praising the huge deep sea animal as an excellent choice of seafood not as a beautiful neighbor as a big part of global ecosystem.

Though I feel a bit guilty to eat this beautiful creature
grouper is my most favored fish for dining.
The fresh melts like soft ice cream on my tongue.

Please forgive me great grouper..
but you are so delicious indeed! :p



his full name is Epinephelus malabaricus..
The word "grouper" comes from the word for the fish, most widely believed to be from the Portuguese name, garoupa. The origin of this name in Portuguese is believed to be from an indigenous South American language.

In Australia, the name "groper" is used instead of "grouper" for several species, such as the Queensland grouper (Epinephelus lanceolatus). In the Philippines, it is named lapu-lapu in Luzon, while in the Visayas and Mindanao it goes by the name pugapo. In New Zealand, "groper" refers to a type of wreckfish, Polyprion oxygeneios, which goes by the Māori name of hāpuku. In the Middle East, the fish is known as hammour, and is widely eaten, especially in the Persian Gulf region.
(source: wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment