2/01/2009

Slumdog Millionaire, Mumbai & Chennai India Jun 2006

Oscar winning Danny Boyle took a shot the movie in Mumbai in 2006 and I was travelling in Mumbai at the same year. And the fact made me more concentrated on each frame of the movie. I felt like I feel and smell again the gigantic city having full gamut of every possible life style.. I think the smart director well depicted the situation India is facing now. Hopefully it is a growth pain for the country..

One thing I don't like for the movie is that the director didn't take the evil crimes as serious as in reality, e.g., child slavery, kidnapping, torture, etc..

Mumbai station for commuter trains in the morning.. I was shocked by the massive number of people using the trains everyday for work and also surprised by the fact that the whole track system built in colonial period still works well manually though I read article on some tragic train accident in India on the newspaper from time to time
.
Chennai Fort area. We see all kind of means of transportation such as train, bus, taxi, autobike, bike and human legs..

No comments:

Post a Comment